Whether you’re a history buff or an adrenalin junkie, there is something for everyone at the Gloucester Tall Ships and Adventure Festival. It is taking place between Saturday May 25 and Monday May 27.
- Take a trip back in time when you step on board one of the glorious tall ships or simply take in their majestic beauty from dry land. This year’s festival will see vessels including the Matthew, the Grayhound and the TS Royalist.
- Prepare to be truly amazed as the Gravity Industries display takes to the air over Gloucester’s waterfront. The aeronautical super hero-style Jet Suit is sure to be a real crowd pleaser.
- Watch the incredible Industry Pro Tour Wakeboarders as they perform tricks across the floating skate park on the water.
- Sample a sea shanty or two. Maritime music groups will be performing across the city as part of the Gloucester Shanty Festival.
- Ever wanted to zip wire across Gloucester Docks? Well now’s your chance. Book your place here
- We might be miles away from the sea, but you can still catch a few waves on the mobile surfing simulator machine or why not have a go at paddle boarding. You can book a place at SUP Gloucester
- Take in a live music performance. This year, the festival has teamed up with the prestigious Water City Music that will see performances involving local school children taking place on different stages on Saturday May 25. There will also be other live music on throughout the three days.
- Catch a bite to eat at one of the many food and drink stalls.
- Ooo-arrh! Be careful as you may also bump into the odd pirate or two. Make sure Captain Jack Sparrow doesn’t make you walk the plank as he and his swashbuckling friends make their way around the festival.
- Scale the heights or navigate the tunnels in the climbing wall and mobile caving experience.
- Pick up a handmade craft at one of the shopping stalls.
Tickets for the festival are £10 for adults with one child under-12 free with every ticket purchased. Some attractions may have additional costs.
To buy your tickets click here